Monday, January 3, 2011

Things I'll want to remember

I really don't get the term "Terrible Twos"-- Admittently, we're only a little less than halfway through Stephen's Twos. But other than the ocassional tantrum, which for Stephen usually consist of him sitting or lying down on the ground and refusing to do something, he's been so much fun. He says the funniest things, his creativity is coming out more and more each day, and he's relatively obedient.

This morning, Joe's Blackberry went off around 5:30. Stephen started to cry, so Joe went in to see if he could coax him back to sleep. Stephen says in an accusative tone: "I heard a PHONE!!!"

Later, when it really was an appropriate time to wake up -- 6:30 -- Stephen pops out of his bedroom and makes a beeline for the kitchen. I give him some milk and this puts him in a good mood. We say good-bye to Joe around 7:00 and Stephen catches a glimpse of the huge swarms of blackbirds that make our skies look like an Alfred Hitchcock movie this time of year. I hear him whimper in the other room.

Me: What's wrong, Stephen?
Stephen: I'm afraid of the BIRDS!
Me: Why are you afraid of them?
Stephen: They won't BITE me.
Me: No, they won't bite  you.

After eating breakfast and "helping" me wash dishes, Stephen entertains himself.
Stephen: I made a ROBOT!
Me: I like him.
Stephen: Yay! Yay for my ROBOT!

Pretty good, huh?

No comments: