Friday, January 7, 2011

Stephen's new room

My mom is visiting again, and we're in the process of putting the finishing touches on the boys' room. I've had those Sterilite drawers since I was in college... they still looked pretty good, but I didn't like the way the drawer fronts were see-through. It made the room look so cluttered. We stopped at Hobby Lobby on our way home from the airport on Wednesday morning and picked out some fabrics in greens, blues and cream. I liked all three equally, so we got some of each. We opened and cut cereal box cardboard to fit the drawer fronts and used double-sided tape to wrap them in fabric. ...And voila! No more clutter and a really cute color-scheme to boot. Stephen happened to get in the photo. I think he's stuffing some toy tools under the changing pad.
This is their room from the door. Stephen's tools are strewn about, but you can get an idea of the layout. New Baby's crib is ready to go!

No comments: