Monday, January 3, 2011

New room, new bed

Joe and I recently swapped the office/guest room with Stephen's room to make space for Baby No. 2. I'll have to try to get a good shot of the new arrangements when there's some bright afternoon light. But, for now, I'll leave you with something I snapped yesterday morning. Stephen has transitioned to a toddler bed in the last couple of weeks. He has rolled off a couple of times, but the transition was far smoother than I imagined. And while he does seem to wake up a lot earlier now that he's got the freedom to get out of bed when he wants, he doesn't really resist naps or bedtime. It's awesome :-) Originally I put the pillow at the other end of the bed, but Stephen would always want to sleep with his feet under the pillow and use a wadded up blanket for a pillow. Eventually, I caught on and stuck the pillow at his preferred end. This shot shows Stephen's favorite comfort-- his "bee-bo" (Thanks a lot, Sandra Boynton. I don't know when my son will ever say "Belly button.")

No comments: