Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My sons and husband love me


Stephen keeps all my vases full :)

I was very blessed over the weekend. Joe pulled out all the stops this Mother's Day... first, by honoring my request to donate money to a charity that provides life-saving surgeries to African women who experience very difficult labors. I won't go into detail, but a chapter from Half the Sky has stuck with me and I couldn't shake the pain and despair that other moms are facing, while I am so blessed with a life and motherhood full of hope.

On a less heavy note, I also enjoyed a shopping trip to Clarksville, where I found a number of items to replenish my wardrobe full of stained and holey t-shirts. While we were on that outing, one of Joe's students was busy scrubbing my oven, getting rid of spiderwebs and cleaning my toilet! And after a stop home for lunch, we took the boys to the library, where I loaded up on books for them and books for me before heading back out into the sunshine to sneak onto Hopkinsville's new walking Rails-To-Trails walking trail... 



Yay for my Parrino boys!


Finally got a photo with all three of my kiddos. And three out of four smiles is pretty good. Poor Rocky threw up all over the car about 10 minutes after this was taken... so pretty good timing too.


No comments: