Friday, March 5, 2010

Mama-son outing


Stephen and I went to Jeffers Bend on the same day as the previous post's fire station trip... I'm just incredibly behind on my posting. As usual. So does that mean I'm not behind?

We enjoyed the long shadows and the orange slats of sun. Stephen threw rocks and met two doggies. We walked the pea gravel path to the bird watching hut, which, sadly, was vandalized and covered in bird seed and gook. But there were plenty of birds to watch. A little nuthatch flitted up to the reflective glass window and nattered at himself. A chickadee clung to the ledge and even a cardinal came to pay his image a visit. We must have gotten there when the sun was just right. Because of the mess, I couldn't put Stephen down, so I couldn't get any good pictures from our bird watching.

No comments: