Monday, February 22, 2010

Father-son field trip


"I'll take it from here, Chief."

Saturday was supposed to be family day... but between work, chores, errands and naps, Joe and I only managed to scrape together individual outings with Stephen. Joe took him to the local fire station while I worked a tutoring shift.
"Bbbrrooom Brroom!"

Stephen came home happy, wearing a plastic firefighter's hat and shouting "Da! Da! Da!" (his word for "head")

On a side note, we've really noticed Stephen is trying to say more words. He says "Yummy" on a regular basis. Last night I woke to find Stephen sipping apple juice in bed with us, exclaiming "yummy!" at a photo of pasta in my Bon Appetit magazine, which Joe was holding over all our heads.

Stephen took a really late nap, so that's why he was up after I went to bed.

No comments: