Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sneaking in veggies

Since Stephen's broken clavical, I've been a little bit more obsessed than normal with making sure the kids are getting enough calcium, vitamins, etc. Joe is forcing working with Stephen to eat cereal with milk. He'd stopped drinking it a few months ago and I haven't been able to entice him to drink it since. Both boys have been turning their noses up at vegetables of almost every kind lately, so I've really had to get creative with their meals.


Here's Rockam before he polishes off 6 zuchinni-chocolate-almond milk pancakes. I gave similar pancakes with mini chocolate chips to Stephen while he was watching a movie so that he wouldn't inspect them too closely--- didn't want him to spot a speck of green and reject the whole pile. Both boys love these pancakes and I feel accomplished for getting them to eat veggies and calcium with a smile on their faces.

No comments: