Monday, April 23, 2012

Rockam's communication innovations

I was helping Stephen with something and I saw Rockam go into my office. He came out a moment later, having grabbed a diaper out of the diaper caddy I keep on the floor. He came up to me and swung the diaper around while making his characteristic "Hmmm! Hmmmph!" sound. Sure enough, he had made a big stinky and needed to be changed.

This morning, both boys had waffles for breakfast, as they often do. Stephen decided he only wanted a few bites of his waffle and then was off to play. Stephen eats at a little toddler table and Rockam watches him while he eats in his high chair. Rockam wolfed down his waffle and strawberries and began calling for me, "MMMMaaaaaaaa!"

When I arrived, Rockam had his arm outstretched and his little index finger pointing at the unfinished waffle. He was bobbing his arm up and down with a cross look on his face. I gave him the waffle and he grabbed it and smiled. "Jjguh-goo."

No comments: