Tuesday, November 29, 2011

14 Around the Table


We fit 14 people around the table at our Thanksgiving dinner at Joe's parents' house.


You'll note that the plate isn't quite traditional. There's Chinese dumplings, Nicaraguan floutas, and garlicky salad, in addition to the green beans, roast sweet potatoes, stuffing and turkey.


After our big meal, I went on a brisk walk with my sister-in-law Cris and my cousin-in-law Amy.


Took me a moment to figure out the self-timer, but I eventually got it right!

Then, back to the house to make an exciting dessert with puff pastry, fig butter, pistachios, dark chocolate and French Brie.


Rockam would've like to have tried more foods if I had let him, but as it was he ate an entire sweet potato, most of a dinner roll, crackers, baby food and cheese cubes (more than what his big brother ate).


The finished Brie-fig-nut-cocoa-puffs and Grandma G's cookies.


A happy little muncher.


"I'm a MONKEY!" (and Snoopy at the same time, courtesey of Uncle Jack and Tia Cris.)

 
The day after Thanksgiving we had some nice down time hanging out with the fam.

No comments: