Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More dream talk

Two nights ago Stephen was having a very "active" night: talking, calling "mama," crying, whining, laughing and thumping around. Yesterday I asked him what he was dreaming about.
Stephen: Mama had a little baby!
Me: What did the baby look like?
Stephen: Baby was laughing!

Later, when I told Joe about the conversation, he decided to pursue it further.
Joe: Stephen, did you dream about little brother?
Stephen: Yeah!
Joe: What did he look like? What color was his hair?
Stephen: Mmmm... Black!
Joe: He had black hair? What color were his eyes?
Stephen: He has... he has RED eyes, I guess.

This morning, Stephen woke up wailing. I assumed he had a nightmare.
Me: What's a matter, Stephen? Did you have a bad dream?
Stephen: There's a BIRD!
Me: What kind of bird?
Stephen: It's a lellow bird. He's going round and round and round.
Me: Was he scary?
Stephen: Yeah. I want to PET him! I want to pet the lellow bird.

No comments: