Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Munchie Talk

I thought I should write a little bit about Stephen's first words... he has really good comprehension, but he's still learning to talk. Many of the words he uses sound very little like their English counterparts. So, here's a glossary:

da-DA? = Where's Dad?
mom-UH? = Mom, come get me.
da-daaaah = I love you, Dad.
ma-maaaah = I love you, Mom.
ah-KEY = keys
crock-KA = cracker (the "r" is actually silent, but if you imagine really hard....)
chi-KEY = chicken (the animal and the food), fish (the food), chickpea
chi-CHEE = choo-choo train
naa-na = banana
DAWG-eee = doggie
ONG-gong = goose or other long-necked bird
muh-muuh = cow
bwrrrrrr-bwrrr = car (he's really good at making this noise.)
bubba = Bubba, our former nextdoor neighbor's dog.
dawllllll = ball, or any other round or circular object or picture
MEE-o-MEE-o-MEE-o! = yummy (we think)
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh! = no
laaa-la? = music, please?
luh-LUH = lion or any creature with a cat-like face, including those creatures in the previews for the movie Avatar.
muh! muh! muh! = I want
tick-AHH-ti-GAHH = tickle
bup-up-UP-UP! = airplane; helecopter (he points to the sky while he says this.)
UH-put-tee, UH-put-ee = I'm climbing; I'm waiting for you to give me a piggyback ride.

1 comment:

TN said...

So cute! I have got to stop by and see you soon! You should come to Bible Study at the YMCA on Wed. am at 8:30 sometime. Love you@

Tina