Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ethnic eater

We ate at the Saigon Cafe in Nashville yesterday... our favorite Vietnamese noodle place in the same shopping center was closed. As an appetizer, Mom and I split a coconutty omelet with pork, shrimp, beansprouts and a big heap of fresh herbs. Munchie didn't get to sample it, since I suspect he's a little allergic to eggs. (They give him a rash around his mouth.) But he did eat several bits of spicy chicken from my "bun" -- a bowl of pho noodles with lots of crunchy greens, peanuts, a tangy fish sauce mixture, and cut up egg roll. He also enjoyed Cheerios and puffs. And banging on the table with chopsticks.

He also gnawed the juice out of both lemon slices that were floating in our waters.

Oh, you might also admire my mom and my efforts to give Stephen his second haircut. Joe says his head was starting to look misshapen :-)

No comments: