Friday, May 1, 2009

Some exciting updates


I love the pictures in the last post so much I almost hated to post something new without good art. But alas, I'm going to just jot a few quick updates without any photos (*edit at 6:30* now with a cute snack time photo): Munchie just started creeping on Tuesday... he's been a pro at rotating for a long time, but he finally figured out how to army-crawl himself forward to grasp a toy or something he imagines to be a toy. He's also got eating Cheerios and puffs down pat. Sometimes he wants to shove a whole handful in his mouth at once. I'd been scolding him and rationing the cereal out one at a time to avoid it, but then it dawned on me that he's just been following my own example of wolfing down meals... something I didn't do until I had a son to take up all my time! So I've been trying to sit up straight and eat and chew more slowly for his sake-- and mine.

Oh, and get this... the kid is finally sleeping! Since mom's visit, he's been taking at least one nap, almost every day. Usually they're car seat-induced, but they last for at least 20 minutes. All you parents of normal babies out there might be thinking, "20 minutes?? that's a catnap!" But for a girl who's used to her son going all day without so much at 20 winks, 20 minutes is a God-send. I can get so much... er blogging.. done in that time!

In fact, he's snoozing on the couch right now. He also did me the extreme favor of sleeping in until 6:45 a.m. this morning!!! I feel like a new woman with all this sleep I've been getting. So anyhow. The rain seems to have let up some. When my sleeping beauty awakes, we're off to the bookstore to pick up a book for a friend.

No comments: