Monday, January 12, 2009

Just say "no!" to carrots


Never mind that your mom made this food from scratch... boiling baby carrots until tender, then pureeing them with some bottled water, even taste testing them to make sure they were satisfactory. Today is the second day Stephen -- aka the kid who's eaten everything put within inches of his mouth to date -- has refused my homemade carrot baby food.

Is it something I did wrong? Are carrots really so repulsive? I thought they tasted pretty good, and I don't even like cooked carrots. Or is it because he's feeling a little under the weather?

The poor little guy was coughing last night and seems generally sedate today. And if you know Munchie, the kid is always intense. I knew something was wrong this morning when he just wanted to cuddle and rest his head on my shoulder instead of being ready to seek, kill and destroy innocent newspapers.

No comments: