Tuesday, December 9, 2008

You'll have to forgive me

I forgot to bring my camera today when Munchie and I met Joe for lunch at Tandoor, an Indian restaurant in Clarksville. Tandoor has a lunch buffet that's $6.99... and some pretty tasty food. Today, there was really soft naan, crisp papadum, eggplant and mushrooms, potatoes and onions, a mild chicken curry, a spicey chicken dish and tandoori chicken and some flamin hot greenbeans.

Joe took Munchie around the buffet to introduce him to Indian cuisine. That little baby really seemed to be absorbing the sights and smells, looking intently at each dish as Joe pointed them out. He also likes to look at the artwork on the walls.

It's been raining steadily all day... making Munchie transport more cumbersome than usual. Plus it seems like southern cities don't quite have road drainage down, there's huge puddles on the roads, parking lots, etc. I guess because the water table is really high here... Well, whatever the reason, I got soaked sloshing through some big parking lot puddles. After Tandoor, I took Stephen to Toys R Us to look around. I carted him slowly up and down all the baby toy aisles so he could look at everything. Also jingled some of the toys in front of him to see if he liked any of them :-) But in the end, I spent my $40 gift card on a cute frog-shaped humidifier. The irony is that it's so soggy today, I don't suppose I'll need it yet.

As I type, Munch is having a tough time winding down in his crib. I know he's tired, but he persists in letting out a little whine every few minutes or so.

No comments: