Friday, December 5, 2008

Four-month check up

Stephen had a doctor's appointment today, and he's doing well. 11 lbs 2 oz. (one pound gain from last time, 10th percentile), 23 3/4 inches long (25th percentile). And he's got a big head (75th percentile).
He also had some shots today and only "purpled screamed" for a little while. The big exciting news is that he's allowed to start eating some real grub! I'm going to run out to buy some rice cereal today and I'll give him his first spoonful tomorrow evening when Joe is home. He has to work late today to cover a sporting event of some sort.

A friend at church whose little girl Avey is about a month ahead of Stephen, said baby slept through the night after getting some solids. I'm hoping, but not overly expecting, that the Munch will do the same.

Also, I've long dreamed of making my own baby food, but that will come a little later, when Stephen is old enough to try veggies.

As I type, he's cooing in his crib and playing with the beloved IKEA fish mobile. I noticed he turned from his back to his side two times in the last 30 minutes.

No comments: